Overview -- Develop Business Acumen & Strengthen Decision-Making Skills
The UCCS Mini-MBA through the College of Business at the University of Colorado Colorado Springs (UCCS) offers professionals the opportunity to learn broad business concepts and skills in a relatively short timeframe -- perfect for gaining business essentials while balancing work and personal commitments. This non-degree 13-week program is for working or transitioning professionals who aspire to deliver more value within their career by developing business acumen and immediately applying newly gained knowledge and skills.
In the UCCS Mini-MBA, participants will learn current business theory, research, and best practices within an interactive learning environment. Participants will then immediately apply their new knowledge and skills in an ongoing capstone project. Drawing on evidence-based strategies and faculty expertise, this program provides unparalleled opportunities for growth and transformation.
Program Capstone Project -- $75K in 75 Days
Participants of the UCCS Mini-MBA will individually complete the program capstone project, $75K in 75 Days. The project involves choosing and implementing a business strategy that will have a direct business impact of $75,000 within an organization in a 75 day timeframe. Program staff and faculty mentor participants through the project, ensuring successful outcomes. The project allows participants to implement newly acquired business concepts and skills, resulting in a business impact of at least $75,000. Participants will have 75 days from the last program session to implement the capstone project within their organization.
Organizations who nominate participants to the UCCS Mini-MBA will have capstone projects implemented for their respective organizations, thus quickly realizing the ROI of their investment to the program.
A final program event will take place after the 75 day timeframe, where each participant will deliver a short briefing on their project and resulting impact. Referring organizations will be invited to the final event, along with key stakeholders from the university and community. Participants will be recognized for successfully completing the program and project, and will be given a Certificate of Completion, signed by the dean of the College of Business and the program $75K Gold Award.
** Note: If a participant is currently in transition of careers, they will choose a local for-profit or non-profit business for the capstone project, in consultation with Program Staff and Faculty.
Timing & Important Dates
- Program sessions are held on a weekly basis, meeting one-time per week for 13 weeks
- Sessions are held on Tuesday evenings from 5:30 pm - 8:30 pm
- Fall 2018 program dates: September 11 - December 11
- Capstone project implementation timeframe (outside of classroom): December 12, 2018 - March 11, 2019
- Capstone program project due date: March 11, 2019
- Final program event -- Capstone project presentations and graduation: Week of March 19, 2019
Who Should Attend
The UCCS Mini-MBA is intended for individuals who aspire to build a strong foundation in business skills in order to deliver more value within their career. The program is for individuals who do not necessarily have a business background. The UCCS Mini-MBA is recommended for those who are building their professional pathway and/or transitioning into a different career.
Additionally, those who are considering a graduate business degree (MBA) in the future would benefit from the program.
Recommended participants include:
- Manager / Supervisor
- Business Owner
- Professional with a non-business degree (i.e. lawyer, physician, nurse, teacher, dentist)
- Business Development
- Sales Professional
- Account Manager
- Military and/or veteran transitioning into a civilian career
- Next generation taking over a family-owned business
- Individuals considering a graduate degree and who desire an overview of business fundamentals
Participant Eligibility Requirements
- Some college completed and/or equivalent professional training (i.e. technical, clinical, and/or military training)
- Working experience is required (minimum 3 years of experience)
- Bachelor's degree is preferred, but not required
- Record of some supervisory and/or managerial responsibilities
- Aspiration to further build career
- Limited to a cohort of 30 participants
- Regular Registration (Dec 18, 2017 - August 10, 2018): $3,200 USD
- Discounted Registration (CU Students, Staff, Faculty, and Alumni): $2,900 USD *
- Late Registration(after August 10): $3,600 USD
* Alumni from any CU institution and/or OPED executive education program are eligible for the Discounted Registration rates
- Light dinner provided before each session
- All program manuals and course materials
- Program apparel
- Networking with peers in cohort for the opportunity to build lasting relationships beyond program
Certificate of Completion, CEUs, & the $75K Gold Award
Participants who successfully complete the UCCS Mini-MBA program and capstone project will receive a Certificate of Completion from the University of Colorado Colorado Springs, signed by the dean of the UCCS College of Business.
Successful graduates of the program will also receive 3.9 Continuing Education Units (CEUs) through UCCS, and can request a non-credit transcript as proof of completion.
Participants who successfully complete the program and project will also receive the $75K Gold Award.
Perks for Graduates -- UCCS MBA Program GMAT/GRE Waiver
If a program participant decides to continue their education and applies to the UCCS MBA program within 5 years of successfully completing the UCCS Mini-MBA, the College of Business will waive the GRE/GMAT requirement.
(The UCCS Graduate Programs office normally charges a $100 waiver fee, which will also be waived.)
** Note: Eligible participants must meet other enrollment and acceptance criteria established by the UCCS College of Business, Graduate Programs.
For more information about the UCCS College of Business Graduate Programs, please click here.
IMPORTANT NOTES -- THE FINE PRINT
- The UCCS Mini-MBA is a non-degree, executive education program.
- Successful graduates of the program will earn 3.9 CEUs through UCCS.
- The UCCS Mini-MBA program will provide broad business acumen in a format designed to be immediately applied.
- The UCCS Mini-MBA does not count towards a college degree program.
- Participants will not receive college credit for the program.
- The UCCS Mini-MBA program is not intended to replace a for-degree MBA program.
- The UCCS Mini-MBA program is not to be considered an equivalent to an undergraduate nor a graduate business degree.
Tuesday, December 11, 2018 at 5:30pm
This is a past event.
UCCS, TBA upon registration 1420 Austin Bluffs Pkwy Colorado Springs, CO 80918